Sunday, November 21, 2010

Place.
















The last couple of days I have been thinking of my favourite places to be in the world: when i was a child, & still to this day.
I have come to a conclusion


Top 10 favourite places to be:

1. Church.
- This is always going to be top of the list!
Where else would you rather be?
"Better is one day in your courts, than a thousand else where!"
-Psalm 81:10
That took me while to actually sink in & make it true for myself. All these other places I'm about to open up to you are beautiful in their way, & so so special to me.
But honestly, being with God, wouldn't even come close to anything else!


2. Kapiti Coast
- At first, this place was an inconvenience to me only because of where I lived. Then i completely fell in love with everything that it contains.

3. Lyndale Farm
- Childhood memories of me & my dad driving up, what felt like 3 hours for a 7 year old, was a place of joy. fejoia ice cream & after my attempt to feed a duck has brought upon a fear of this animal ever since.

4. Staglands Farm
- Farms have always scooped me up in it's landscape.
The peacocks that chased you, the white bird that said hello, & the giant rainbow trout where all part of the experience.


5. Sayers Hutt
- Tramping 3 hours up & down hill to get to this little location in the middle of no where, is more than worth it.
The smell of smoked fire wood will always be a comfort to me.
The best part is it lingers on your clothes, hair & skin for the next couple of day, almost to remind you to come back.

6. My room.
- I place of my own.

7. My Auntie's home.
- Her house is in Masterton, and is hands down the most beautiful house I have ever laid eyes on.
The first thing you do is enter through a red wooden gate.
is a mixture of grass patches & flowers that are randomly placed.
& hanging from the most dominate tree is a rope swing.
a stream that runs through the middle of her garden calls for the necessity of a car width bridge to get from one side to the other.
One of the highlights of Christmas day would be getting some line & a hook with a piece of bread or sausage meat attacted, & fishing for the biggest eel we would find.
Geese & ducks glide through from time to time.
When you get to the door step there are worn seats will quilts covering them.
The kitchen has a huge fireplace taking up most of the room.
the window looks out over their vegetable garden & chicken coop.
& a weaved hammock accompanies a tree.
the garage is still filled with my cousin's crashed car.
His room has a little secret hidden door which hides away the computer room.
In the corner there are unused drums.
One of the things I love most, are the randomly placed, and wonkey photo frames around the house. filled with my cousins childhood drawings.
...you can probably tell, i do enjoy this place dearly. ha ha.

8. My Grandma's house.
- She lives in Waikanai.
Nanna central, which i find lovely.
Her house is not short or shy of a floral pattern or little clay statue my grandad makes in his garage. Her house always smells of fresh home made bread. & her favourite thing to eat is microwaved pringles with cheese.
i enjoy her very much.
Her garden is filled with scents of all sorts of roses, and a full bloom magnolia tree appears in spring.

9. My Mum's bed in the afternoon.
- The sun accompanies my room in the morning, but in the afternoon, there is a little patch on her bed that i like to curl up on my days off and have a nap.

10. My Dad's old house.
- He used to live in Brooklyn, in a little old white house with a huge back yard which he used to get his sling shot & hit his empty beer cans he used to set up in a log from his balcony.
That makes my dad sound so hill billy. But my dad is someone who thought up many games like that ha ha.
He had 3 english bull terrier's: (not all at the same time.)
-Gringo
-Slug Boy
-& Horse
they all looked like they would kill you, but really the were huge teddy bears who would sit right on top of you just go get a cuddle.
My Dad is an incredible cook.
we always used to make roti & butter chicken together in his little kitchen.
the classic thing he would always make would be vogels bread with a little vegemite & grilled cheese.
In the corner of his dining room he had one of those underwater lizards- not sure what they are called, but it was white & called Gizmo.
I remember sitting on this knee one time at the dinner table & he was trying to figure out how to plate my hair once i asked him if he would do it for me.
i can't remember how it ended out- but most likely in fail.
I enjoy my Dad!- he makes me laugh






The End.


No comments:

Post a Comment