Sunday, November 21, 2010

Embrace.



























Embracing
what you like can be an easy thing.

...but when your embracing something your not used to, or un-comfortable with, is so much more difficult.
Jesus is taking me somewhere I haven't really been before.
it's new, & exciting!
I wish, i could get a telescope.
& look ahead a couple of years
from now..but then again,
what kind of surprise would
that be right?

It's been making me think lately- when i get Tracey & Nicole out of the bath.
I put the towel out in front of them
they snuggle into it
& jump into my arms
..even though they aren't completely dry, and i get soaked all down my front.
i do not think for one moment that i should have rewind & wait for them to dry off to have cuddles.
because in that beautiful beautiful moment, we are both giggling out of the excitement of bath time!

& i guess that's kind of how i see God sometimes.
-when He embraces me after i muck up, or have a bad day.- i'm soaked in frustration, & i'm grumpy..

There are countess stories in the Bible about men, tending to his sheep.
sheep are smelly.
-& just thinking to myself, it wouldn't be that nice to hug a smelly sheep.
with the oil, and dirt rubbing off on you.
but these men in the Bible still did.

Something that has been personally stirring in my own heart at the moment, is that God is an un-conditional God.

You know those infomercials..

- i literally need to avoid them, as every time i watch one,
i get completly conned & convinced into what they are selling.
I need a magic bullet.
no.
I need Jesus.
& in the fine print, they trick you!
sneaky sneaky.
& there are all these terms & conditions to their product.

God doesn't have fine print attached to His name.
amen!


by the way..i found out- i hate bowling.
but secretly not. i love it..
i just do not like losing.
apparently only 12 year olds can have the gutters up.
guttered... ha ha.

2nd round
: Bek challenged me to a one on one match.
i don't think i have ever failed in any other game as much as i did that night.

















driving home on a Saturday night with
two friends i wouldn't want to live without.
putting our heads out the window with the
surprisingly warm air rushing past & taking
over our hair.. i enjoy when you feel out the
window, & air, for one moment- feels tangible
...but it couldn't be far from the truth.














i like my friends..

No comments:

Post a Comment